Quick Facts Of Rosario Dawson
Celebrated Name Rosario Dawson Age 40 Years Nick Name Rose Birth Name Rosario Isabel Dawson Birth Date 1979-05-09 Gender Female Profession Actress Marital Status In Relationship Net Worth $ 16 million Ethnicity Puerto Rican, Afro-Cuban and Irish Debut Movie Kids ( 1995) Height 5 feet 7 inches Weight 54 Kg Body Measurement 35-24-35 inches Bra Cup Size 34C Place Of Birth New York City, New York Birth Nation United States of America Horoscope Taurus Boyfriend Cory Booker Shoe Size 8 (US) Dress Size 8 (US) Mother Isabel Celeste Father Patrick C. Harris High School Garland High School Education The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute Children Lola Dawson (Adopted) Sexual Orientation Straight Links Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Rosario Dawson is one of the talented American actresses who has appeared in popular movies and TV series. She made her feature film debut in 1995 in an independent movie, Kids. Her performance in several movies and TV series helped her to get nominated for several awards and won some of them as well. Regarding her personal life, she had an affair with numbers of guys in her past. She has adopted a girl in 2014.
What is Rosario Dawson Famous For?
- An American actress, producer, singer, comic book writer, and political activist.
- Her role as Abernathy Ross in Death Proof (2007). She won the Satellite Award for Best Supporting Actress her role as Mimi Marquez in Rent (2005).
Rosario Dawson Confirms She’s Dating Presidential Candidate Cory Booker: ‘So Far So Wonderful
We have some big news: According to TMZ, the strange rumors are true: Dawson is dating Sen. Cory Booker, a 2020 presidential hopeful who once allegedly invented a drug dealer friend named T-Bone to make himself seem edgy.
While walking through Reagan National Airport today, Dawson was asked by a TMZ reporter whether she and Booker were dating. “Yeah,” she replied. “Yes, very much so.”
Booker has also referenced a girlfriend of late but hasn’t identified her. “I got a boo,” he told The Breakfast Club last month.
This news is not just bizarre because Dawson is a 10 and Booker is like, a 6, maybe, but because the couple’s politics don’t line up. During the 2016 primary, Dawson endorsed Bernie Sanders, whose positions are significant to the left of Booker. She even went on to support Green Party candidate Jill Stein in the general election after Sanders’ loss. Guess she won’t be doing that this time!
“He’s an amazing human being,” Dawson said of Booker when asked by TMZ, adding that he could be an amazing president. Will Dawson be our next First Lady in the unlikely event that Booker is elected president? Neither will say.
Booker refused to comment on the couple’s future plans on his Breakfast Club interview. Dawson, when asked if she and Booker were considering getting engaged, said she had “no idea.”
“I am just grateful to be with someone that I respect and love and admire so much,” she said.
Rosario Dawson Early Life, Childhood, Education, and Family
Rosario was born in New York City, New York, United States. She is an American by nationality and is of Puerto Rican and Afro-Cuban ethnicity. Her birth name is Rosario Isabel Dawson. She is the daughter of Isabel Celeste (mother) and Patrick C. Harris (father).
Isabel gave birth to Rosario when she was 16 years old, but she never married Rosario’s biological father, Patrick C. Harris. Her mother is a writer and singer. Her mother married Greg Dawson, a construction worker when she was a year old.
She spent a year in Garland, Texas and attended Garland High School. She moved to Manhattan with her family at the age of 21. She later pursued to learn acting so went to The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute in West Hollywood, California.
Rosario Dawson’s Career and Struggles
- Rosario Dawson made her first television appearance in an episode of the educational children’s television series, ‘Sesame Street’. When she was 15 years old, photographer Larry Clark and filmmaker Harmony Korine saw her on her front-porch step. They approached her and told her that she would be perfect for a part in Korine’s next film.
- In 1995, Dawson made her debut in the independent coming-of-age drama ‘Kids.’ It attracted a massive controversy upon its release with many critics labeling it exploitive, bordering on child pornography.
- In 1997, she worked in the short film ‘Girls’ Night Out’ and a year later, she got the opportunity to share screen space with Denzel Washington in ‘He Got Game’. This was also her first collaboration with the acclaimed filmmaker Spike Lee.
- In 1998, she also worked with Ismail Merchant and James Ivory in their comedy-drama ‘Side Streets’. In the next few years, she appeared in several small films that were not commercially successful.
- Dawson played Will Smith’s love interest, Laura Vasquez, in ‘Men in Black II,’ a science fiction action comedy released in 2002. The second installment in the ‘Men in Black’ film series, the movie also starred Tommy Lee Jones, Lara Flynn Boyle, and Johnny Knoxville. This was Dawson’s first box office success. Made on a $140 million budget, the film garnered $441.8 million. It helped Dawson find a solid footing in the industry.
- She also appeared in the critically acclaimed drama film ‘25th Hour’ in 2002. This was her second collaboration with Spike Lee. The film also starred Edward Norton, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Barry Pepper and was a critical and commercial success. It is often regarded as one of the best films of the decade.
- In the 2003 biographical crime thriller, ‘Shattered Glass’, Dawson was cast as Andy Fox. Based on a September 1998 Vanity Fair article by H. G. Bissinger, the film revolves around the fast rise and the sharp fall of Stephen Glass’ (Hayden Christensen) journalistic career at ‘The New Republic’ in the mid-1990s. While the film was a box-office failure, it earned rave reviews from the critics.
- Her next major film was the 2004 historical epic ‘Alexander’, in which she portrayed the Sogdian princess Roxana, who became the wife of Alexander, the Great. The movie was a box office disappointment and it failed to impress the critics as well. While the film was praised for historical accuracy by western historians, their eastern counterparts were much less forgiving.
- Dawson portrayed Gail, the leader of the prostitutes and the love interest of Clive Owen’s character, Dwight McCarthy, in the 2005 neo-noir crime anthology film ‘Sin City.’ Directed by Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller, the movie is based on Miller’s graphic novel of the same name.
- ‘Sin City’ premiered on March 28, 2005, at Mann National Theater to substantial critical and commercial success. Critics praised the film for its innovative visual style and special effects. Dawson reprised the role in the film’s 2014 sequel, ‘Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.’
- One of Dawson’s most memorable roles is of Becky Scott in Kevin Smith’s 2006 comedy ‘Clerks II’. Smith introduces several stylistic changes in the sequel, for instance, it was shot in color whereas 1994 original was shot in black-and-white. However, like the original, ‘Clerks II’ has gained cult status since its release.
- Dawson starred and produced the 2007 thriller ‘Descent’. This is the first film she ever produced. In 2008, she worked with Will Smith once more in the commercially successful film ‘Seven Pounds’.
- She lent her voice to the comic book character Artemis in the animated film ‘Wonder Woman’ (2009). She would later provide the voice for Wonder Woman/Diana Prince herself in ‘Justice League: Throne of Atlantis’ (2015), ‘Justice League vs. Teen Titans’ (2016), ‘Justice League Dark’ (2017), and the upcoming ‘The Death of Superman’.
- In Tony Scott’s disaster thriller ‘Unstoppable’ (2010), she was cast as railway yardmaster Connie Hooper. In 2011, she was part of the ensemble comedy film ‘Girl Walks into a Bar’, which was produced exclusively for online distribution.
- She starred opposite Kevin James in ‘Zookeeper’ (2011) and Channing Tatum in ‘10 Years’ (2011). Dawson portrayed Mexican-American labor leader and civil rights activist Dolores Huerta in the 2014 Mexican-American biographical film ‘César Chávez’. She also appeared in Chris Rock’s 2014 directorial venture ‘Top Five’.
- In the recent years, she has provided the voice for Elaris in the 2016 3D computer animated science fiction film ‘Ratchet & Clank’ and played the eponymous character in William H. Macy’s 2017 coming-of-age comedy-drama ‘Krystal’. She is set to appear in the romantic comedy ‘Someone Great’ which is slated for a 2019 release.
- Dawson has also starred in television series and shows such as Punk’d, Robot Chicken, Gemini Division, Saturday Night Live, SpongeBob Square pants, Five, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, The Defenders, Jane the Virgin, Elena of favor and many more and he has also starred in music videos such as Out of Control, Miss You, Family Feud, Earth Girls and video games such as Dishonored 2, Wilson’s Heart, Dishonored: Death of the Outside, Syndicate and many more.
Awards and Achievements of Rosario Dawson
Rosario Dawson has been nominated for several prestigious awards and won some of them as well. Here is the list of her won awards:
- 2004 – American Black Film Festival.
- 2006 – Spike Video Game Awards for Marc Ecko’s Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure.
- 2006 – Satellite Awards for Rent.
- 2006 – Sundance Film Festival for A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints.
- 2009 – Streamy Awards for Gemini Division.
- 2009 – NAACP Image Award for Seven Pounds.
- 2013 – ALMA Award.
- 2014 – ALMA Award.
- 2014 – Women Film Critics Circle.
In addition, she was honored with the Community Service Award in 2013. Some of her other nominated awards include Teen Choice Awards, Online Film & Television Association Awards, MTV Movie Awards, and Critics’ Choice Movie Award.
Is Rosario Dawson Dating Someone?
Rosario Dawson is currently in a relationship with the New Jersey Senator Cory Booker. They began dating each other after breaking up with the American writer Eric Andre. Rosario and Cory confirm their relationship on March 14th, 2019 through social media.
She has been in a number of relationships in her life. Her long list of boyfriends starts with the famous American rapper Jay Z. She dated the rapper for a few months in 2000.
After that, she dated the talented Canadian actor Joshua Jackson. The couple began dating each other back in 2002. They were serious about their relationship at that time; however, their relationship ended a year later in 2003. After a year of that breakup, Dawson began dating the American model Jason Lewis in 2004. They were together for two years and their relationship came to an end in 2006.
In the year 2007, she was rumored to be dating P.S. I Love You star Gerard Butler. They were also seen enjoying with one another in ‘300’ promotions. She was in a romantic relationship with Mathieu Schreyer for three years. The couple began dating each other back in 2008 and separated in 2011. She hooked up with the 60-year-old British director, Danny Boyle in 2012. Their relationship lasted for a year and they broke up in 2013.
Furthermore, In 2014, Dawson adopted a 12-year-old girl. As a progressive feminist, she has been part of several documentaries, including ‘V-Day: Until the Violence Stops’ and ‘Miss Representation’. She received the Acting and Activism Award from the Women Film Critics Circle in 2014.
How Much Rosario Dawson Earns at Present?
Rosario Dawson has earned a tremendous amount of fortune from her successful career as an actress in movies as well as TV series. Her net worth is $16 million.
Dawson acted in famous movies such as Men in Black II, Alexander, Sin City and several more blockbuster movies that have grossed in several millions of dollars at the box office
Rosario Dawson Height, Weight, and Body Statistics
Moving towards her body measurements, she has a good height of 5 Feet and 7 Inches with body weight 54kg. She has a well-shaped body with breast size 35, waist size 24 and hips size 35 inches. Her bra size is 34C and her dress size is 8(US) also her shoe size is 8 (US).
Did You Know?
- She has her own production company called Trybe.
- She is a huge fan of the Star Trek franchise and even speaks broken Klingon language.
- Her birthdate holds the record for the hottest May 9th ever in New York City at an approximate 97 degrees.
- She has an adopted daughter, Lola Dawson (born in 2002 and adopted in 2014).