Quick Facts Of Scott Morrison
Celebrated Name Scott Morrison Age 51 Years Nick Name Morrison Birth Name Scott John Morrison Birth Date 1968-05-13 Gender Male Profession Politician Birth Nation Australia Place Of Birth Sydney Nationality Australian Father John Morrison Mother Marion nee Smith High School Sydney High School University University of New South Wale Height Will Add Soon Weight Will Add Soon Body Measurement Will Add Soon Wife Jenny Warren Children 2; Abigail Rose and Lily Net Worth Will Add Soon Salary Will Add Soon Marital Status Married Siblings Will Add Soon
Scott John Morrison famed as Scott Morrison is an Australian politician who has been Prime Minister of Australia and Leader of the Liberal Party since August 2018. Previously, he served in the Cabinet from 2013 to 2018, including as Treasurer of Australia. Morrison was first elected Member of Parliament (MP) for Cook in 2007. He went on to lead the Coalition to an upset victory in the 2019 election. Overall, he is a very talented person.
Australian PM condemns English fans for booing injured Steve Smith during Ashes Test
Australia’s prime minister, Scott Morrison, has weighed into the Ashes booing debate, calling it “a foul” for English fans to jeer Steve Smith after he suffered a concussion during the second Test at Lord’s. The batsman had to leave the field on Saturday after he was struck on the neck by a 92.4 mph delivery from the England fast bowler Jofra Archer, which knocked him to the ground and has reignited debate about head safety in cricket. Smith returned to the crease 40 minutes later, before being dismissed for 92. While many fans offered him a standing ovation, an audible contingent booed and jeered, both when he was withdrawn and when he returned. The brain injury charity Headway has since said Smith should not have returned, and the batsman was replaced on Sunday under new concussion substitution guidelines after he woke up feeling dizzy and failed cognition tests. On Monday Morrison added his voice to the growing number of Australians condemning the continued jeering of Smith. The former Australian captain has been booed by English fans throughout the World Cup and the start of the Ashes, along with the openers David Warner and Cameron Bancroft, for the trio’s role in last year’s ball-tampering scandal in South Africa, for which all three were suspended.
Early Life of Scott
Scott Morrison was born as John Morrison on 13th May 1968 in Waverley, Sydney, New South Wales. His father, John Morrison, initially a police commissioner, later became an independent politician, who served on the Waverley Municipal Council for sixteen years. For a brief period, he was also the Mayor of the town. His mother, Marion nee Smith, served in the administrative position. He was born second of his parents’ two children, having an elder brother named Alan. Raised in Bronte, he led a happy middle-class life surrounded by loved ones. During his childhood, he performed regularly in his parents’ amateur theatre group. He also performed in television, gave voiceover for songs and participated in commercials, including one for Vicks Vaporub. He also played rugby and rowed. At the age of nine, he apprenticed in politics, distributing “how-to-vote” cards in support of his father. He studied at the prestigious Sydney High School. Thereafter, he entered University of New South Wales, eventually earning his Bachelor of Science degree with honors in applied economic geography. As of 2019, he celebrated his 51st birthday.
Body Measurements of Scott
Being at the age of 51, Scott still looks very handsome and with his charming smile, he attracts a lot of people towards him. His exact height, weight and other body measurements are unavailable yet but it will be added soon. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Career of Scott
- Scott Morrison began his career from the year 1989 as National Policy and Research Manager for Property Council of Australia, holding the chair till the year 1995.
- He also served as the Deputy Chief Executive of Australian Tourism Task Force from 1995 to 1996 and from 1996 to 1998 as General Manager of Tourism Council.
- He moved to New Zealand in 1998, where he served as the Director of NZ Office of Tourism and Sport till 2000.
- He then returned to Australia to become the State Director of the New South Wales Liberal Party, a position he held till 2004.
- He served as the Managing Director of Tourism Australia from 2004 to 2006, a position he had to quit due to conflict with tourism minister Fran Bailey.
- He then sought Liberal pre-selection for the Division of Cook for the 2007 election, eventually winning the ballot as a unity candidate.
- He entered the Federal Parliament on a Liberal Party ticket on 24th November 2007.
- In the year 2009, when the party leadership was taken over by rightist Tony Abbott, he also underwent an ideological change, leading to his appointment as shadow minister for immigration and citizenship in December 2009.
- In the year 2011, he was embroiled in further controversies when he criticized the government for paying the travel expenses of the relatives of the 2010 Christmas Island boat disaster victims.
- On 18th September 2013, Morrison was appointed the Minister for Immigration and Border Protection.
- He launched ‘Operation Sovereign Borders’, which aimed at stopping unauthorized boats from entering Australian water, on the same day.
- In early December 2014, he had the ‘Migration and Maritime Powers Legislation Amendment (Resolving the Asylum Legacy Caseload) Bill 2014’ successfully passed.
- In a cabinet reshuffle on 23 December 2014, he was appointed Minister for Social Services, holding the post till 21 September 2015.
- He was appointed the Treasurer in the Turnbull Government, an office he held until 24 August 2018.
- He won the second Liberal Party of Australia leadership spill on 24th August 2018.
- He was sworn in as the 30th Prime Minister of Australia.
- He attended the G20 summit at Buenos Aires on 1st December 2018.
- Later in the same month, his government recognized West Jerusalem as the capital of Israel; but did not immediately shift the embassy from Tel Aviv.
- On 11th April 2019, the 45th Parliament was dissolved.
- In the subsequent election held on 18th May 2019, Liberal/National Coalition unexpectedly came out the winner and he was sworn as the Prime Minister of Australia.
Marital Status, Wife, Children
Scott is a married person. On 14th January 1990, he married Jenny Warren, a registered nurse whom he had been dating since the age of sixteen. The couple has two daughters, Abigail Rose or Abbey (born 2007) and Lily (born 2009). As of today, the couple is living a happy life.
Net Worth of Scott
Scott is a very successful politician and he has earned a lot of money from his career. His net worth and earnings will be surely in millions. But his exact net worth and salary is unavailable as of today but it will be added soon once we get information regarding his earnings.