Quick Facts Of Shirley Ballas
Celebrated Name Shirley Ballas Age 59 Years Nick Name Ballas Birth Name Shirley Ballas Birth Date 1960-09-06 Gender Female Profession Dancer Birth Nation England Place Of Birth Eallasey Nationality English Ethnicity White Father Will Add Soon Brothers David Height 5 ft 3 in Weight 52 KG Waist Size 28 in Breast Size 35 in Body Measurement Will Add Soon Net Worth Under Review Salary Will Add Soon Marital Status Married Children Mark Ballas Boyfriend Daniel Taylor Husband Corky Ballas and Nigel Tiffany Mother Audrey
An English ballroom dancer, dance teacher, and dance adjudicator from Wallasey who specializes in the International Latin division, where she won several championship titles is named for Shirley Balla. Due to it, she earned her the nickname The Queen of Latin. She was appointed a head judge on the BBC TV show, Strictly Come Dancing following the departure of Len Goodman in 2017. Overall, she is a very talented woman.
Shirley Ballas debuts stunning hair transformation on This Morning
Strictly Come Dancing’s head judge Shirley Ballas joined Holly and Phillip on the This Morning sofa on 2nd Sept. to catch up on all things ballroom dancing. As well as opening up about her relationship with actor Danny Taylor and sharing her excitement for the start of this year’s Strictly, the star debuted her recent hair transformation and her fans can’t get enough of her new look. She has swapped her trademark brunette waves for a chic bob and looked incredible on the daytime show in a fuchsia-pink dress and simple makeup. Last week, Shirley gave fans a sneak peek at her new look on Instagram, sharing a picture from the Strictly launch show. Her fans quickly took to the comment section of the dancer’s post to compliment her new style. “Love the new hairstyle it really suits you, you look stunning,” one fan wrote, while another added: “Your hair looks gorgeous”. Although the 58-year-old has been had a shorter ‘do for a while now, it seems she’s had a even more of a trim and gone for a straighter style ahead of the new series of Strictly. The Strictly Come Dancing launch show will air on BBC One this weekend.
Early Life of Shirley
On 6th September 1960, Shirley Ballas was born as Shirley Annette Rich in Eallasey, England. Her nationality is English and her ethnicity is White. As of 2018, she celebrated her 58th birthday with her friends and families. Her mother name is Audrey but the information regarding his father will be updated soon. He also has a brother named David. The children’s father left the family when Shirley was 2 years old. She began dancing at age 7 and began performing competitively the following years. Her other early life information will be added soon.
Body Measurements of Shirley
Shirley is a very charming personality dancer with a sweet smile on her lips. She has got long hair with blonde color. She has a perfect height of 158 cm or 5 ft 3 in matching with the body weight of 52 KG or 115 lbs. Her waist size is 28 in. Her bra size is 40 C and her breast size is 35 in. Her other body measurement will be added soon. Overall, she has got a healthy body with a slim body build.
Career of Shirley
- Shirley began dancing at age 7 and began performing competitively the following years.
- She moved to North Yorkshire to partner British Ballroom Champion Nigel Tiffany at 15, which she described as “a difficult time”.
- After two years, she moved with Tiffany to London, where their partnership ended after dance teacher Nina Hunt convinced her to audition to partner with dancer Sammy Stopford.
- The two married when Ballas was 18, with the relationship ending five years later.
- As dance partners, their best result was winning Professional Latin at Blackpool Dance Festival in the year 1983.
- In the mid-1980s, she married Corky Ballas and together their best results were winning Professional Latin at Blackpool Dance Festival in 1995 and 1996.
- She then stopped competing in dance competitions in 1996, becoming a dance coach and judge for ballroom and Latin American competitions.
- She has appeared on Dancing with the Stars, giving master classes and commentating on the show.
- It was announced that Ballas would be joining the judging panel of Strictly Come Dancing on BBC One, replacing Len Goodman as head judge on 9th May 2017.
- She made her first appearance on the panel four months later – at the launch show of series 15 on 9 September that year.
- Shirley Ballas Strictly Tour
- In January 2019, during the Strictly Come Dancing The Live Tour, Shirley left a statement at the Arena Birmingham when she performed in the finale of the show. She was known in her hey-day as the Queen of Latin and she thrilled the crowd with her impressive spinning skills.
Net Worth of Shirley
The net worth of this famous dancer has not been added yet and is still under review but there is no doubt in the mind of her follower that she is surely earnings in millions. Her exact salary has also not been revealed by any sources yet. Overall, she is satisfied with her earnings.
Marital Status, Husband, Child
- Shirley Ballas is a married woman. She was married to Corky Ballas in mid-1980s. Their only child, professional ballroom dancer Mark Ballas, was born in 1986. Later, the couple divorced in 2007.
- Previously, she was married to Nigel Tiffany. Their married last only upto 5 years and then they separated.
- Recently, she met panto star Daniel Taylor during rehearsals for Jack And The Beanstalk at the Liverpool Empire. Ballas headlined as Mother Nature while Daniel played the show’s villain Fleshcreep. She hinted she had started dating again when she tweeted that Taylor was a “very funny handsome man”. The pair had also been seen getting cozy in selfies taken during their stint together in the Christmas show in 2018 according to The Sun. It was confirmed when they were spotted on 9th March 2019 walking arm in arm on a romantic date in London. As of today, the couple is living a happy life without any disturbances.