Quick Facts Of Sloane Stephens
Celebrated Name Sloane Stephens Age 26 Years Nick Name Stephens Birth Name Sloane Stephens Birth Date 1993-03-20 Gender Female Profession Tennis Player Birth Nation USA Nationality American Place Of Birth Plantation, Florida Father John Stephens Mother Sybil Smith Brothers Shawn Farrell Horoscope Pisces Ethnicity Black Religion Christianity Education Homeschooling Height 5 feet 7 inches Weight 61 kg Body Measurement 32-24-35 inches Bra Cup Size 32B Hair Color Black Eye Color Brown Awards WTA Comeback Player of the Year, Best Female Tennis Player ESPY Award Marital Status Engaged Sexual Orientation Straight Partner Jozy Altidore Net Worth $10 M Source of Wealth Professional Tennis Player and brand endorsements Salary Will Add Soon Links Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
In the sporting arena, winning and losing is an integral part of an individual’s growth and success. To be the best among the bests is certainly not a mean feat to emulate in one’s sporting career.
American Tennis star Sloane Stephens, the 2018 Miami Open title winner has been inspired by legendary stars Kim Clijsters, Venus Williams, and Serena Williams ever since her childhood. Her grandfather has been a great influence in Sloane’s life to keep achieving success in life. She maintained the winning streak of never losing in a final to claim the title at the Miami Open 2018. For the first time in her career, Sloane etched her name in the Top 10 Women’s ranking. Years later, she would continue to rise in the sports as she keeps making a name for herself in surprising ways. Here is all to know about Sloane Stephens.
What is Sloane Stephens known for?
- An American professional tennis player.
- The 2017 US Open champion, and has won six WTA singles titles in total.
Is Sloane Stephens engaged to Jozy Altidore?
The 26-year-old Olympian Sloane Stephens and her longtime boyfriend Jozy Altidore are tying the knot.
Stephens, the 2017 US Open tennis champion began dating Altidore, the 29-year-old striker for the US men’s national team and Toronto FC, nearly three years ago. The power couple announced their engagement Monday in short posts to their Instagram and Twitter accounts. The news immediately drew congratulations from a legion or renowned sports institutions.
The US Olympic Committee congratulated the two, who are both Olympians, on Twitter, adding on the Team USA website that their relationship began as “childhood friends growing up in Florida.” The duo also got a shout out from the United States Tennis Association, as well as the Australian Open’s account.
Where is Sloane Stephens born?
Back to her early life, Sloane was born in a city called Plantation in Florida, USA. Her mother, Sybil Smith was an extraordinary swimmer at Boston University and her father, John Stephens played American football. She and her young brother, Shawn Farrell were raised in a happy home always nourishing sports as a very important factor.
Talking about her education, Sloane switched to home-schooling to concentrate on her life’s goal. In 2011, she graduated from High School.
Further, She was American by nationality and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity. Her birth sign is Pisces and faith in Christianity.
When did Sloane Stephens pursue her tennis career?
- Unlike many other stars who began playing their sports or loving it since their earliest years, it was until Sloane was 9 that she made her first serious contact with the sports after she was pulled into it by her mother and her stepfather.
- Just two years after she was introduced to the sports she decided to make a life out of it by moving to Boca Raton in Florida to train at the Evert Tennis Academy.
- Before kick-starting her professional career, Stephens had made a name for herself in the junior tennis scene with a number of wins including the 2010 Wimbledon Championships Girls’ Doubles which she took home together with Tímea Babos.
- Professionally, she has made a good run thus far. Her first major show was in 2013 after she defeated Serena Williams who was then ranked world No. 3 in the 2013 Wimbledon Championships and reaching the semi-finals before she was forced to also bow out by the world No. 1 then, Victoria Azarenka.
- It was, however, until the 2015 Citi Open that Stephens got to win her first major title after she ended as the champion of the competition. This would be followed in 2017 by her first US Open title which saw her defeat Madison Keys to clinch the number one spot.
- Up until the second half of 2018, the best ranking she has reached in the world is No. 9. More so, she has also been able to get close to 10 career titles with her racket.
Does Sloane Stephens have a boyfriend?
As regards her relationships, the young beautiful tennis star has not dated many men in the past. Instead, she has only been in two thus far. Her first relationship was with fellow tennis star, and Olympic gold medallist, Jack Sock. The relationship between the two which began in 2013 was rather open and public, but it didn’t last beyond 2014.
The next person to be her boyfriend is an American soccer player, Jozy Altidore who she began dating in 2017. Just as her first relationship, Sloane and Jozy who was born on 6 November 1989 are very open about their relationship and as at the second half of 2018, they were still much together as a couple. According to the latest news, the couple got engaged.
How much is Sloane Stephens net worth?
According to Forbes magazine, she has a net worth that can be estimated to be over $10 million. Although some sources put her at $4 million, the beautiful tennis sensation has won close to $10 million in career prize.
More so, she has a number of endorsement deals with brands such as Precision Nutrition and Under Armour. She was also an American Express global ambassador.
How tall is Sloane Stephens?
Observing her body physics, Sloane has an athletic body build with a height of 5 feet 7 inches and weighs around 61 kg. Similarly, She has a pair of brown eyes and black hair color. She used 6 (US) size of the dress and her bra size is 32B. Further, her body measures 32-26-35 inches and her shoe size is 8 (US).
Did You Know?
- Her step-father was her primary inspiration for standing playing tennis at the age of 9.
- During her initial years of playing tennis, Stephens trained from the Nick Saviano.
- She was the first female player who was coached by the Paul Annacone.