Quick Facts Of St. Vincent
Celebrated Name St. Vincent Age 37 Years Nick Name Annie Birth Name Anne Erin Clark Birth Date 1982-09-28 Gender Female Profession Musician Birth Nation USA Place Of Birth Tulsa, Oklahoma Nationality American Ethnicity White Horoscope Libra Religion Christianity High School Lake Highlands High School College / University Berklee College of Music Marital Status Unmarried Parents N/A Siblings Two Height 5 feet 7 inches Weight 55 Kg Hair Color Black Eye Color Hazel Body Measurement 34-26-34 inches Net Worth $6 Million Salary Under Review Source of Wealth Music Industry Sexual Orientation Bisexual Links Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Anne Erin Clark, famously called by her stage name St. Vincent, is an American singer-songwriter, musician, and multi-instrumentalist. The recordings of St. Vincent have been acclaimed repeatedly for their distinctive style, which combines elements of soft rock, indie, baroque pop, hard rock, electropop, jazz, and dance.
Besides, Clark is known for being a talented guitarist, often considered one of the best, most distinctive and innovative contemporary guitar artists, her fourth album, St. Vincent (2014) was named as the album of the year. by The Guardian, Entertainment Weekly, NME and Slant Magazine. Here are lesser-known facts about the musician.
Where is St. Vincent born?
Recalling her early life, the singer opened her eyes for the first time as Anne Erin Clark. She was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States. She has not stated any information related to her parents, their occupation, her early childhood days and family history. She has two older sisters including Amy Clark. Vincent is the holder of American nationality. She is the follower of Christianity religion. Her zodiac sign is Libra. She belongs to the white ethnical background.
Regarding her education, St. Vincent went to the Lake Highlands High School in Dallas, Texas from where she certified in 2001. She also studied at the Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts.
When did St. Vincent pursue her music career?
- St. Vincent began her music career as a member of The Polyphonic Spree. She began recording a studio album, under the stage name St. Vincent in 2006. She took the name from a Nick Cave song, which refers to the hospital in which Dylan Thomas died, “St. Vincent’s hospital” The name is also a reference to her great-grandmother, whose middle name was St. Vincent.
- On July 10, 2007, she released her first album, Marry Me, on Beggars Banquet Records.
- In 2008, she was nominated for three PLUG Independent Music Awards: New Artist of the Year, Female Artist of the Year, and Music Video of the Year, where she won the PLUG Female Artist of the Year award on March 6, 2008.
- On May 5, 2009, she released her second album, entitled Actor, it was released by 4AD Records.
- In November 2010, she appeared alongside American rappers Kid Cudi and Cage, on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, to perform “Maniac”, from Cudi’s Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager
- On August 24, 2011, a music video was released for the song “Cruel”, and on September 5, the entire album was put up for streaming on NPR Music.
- On August 25, 2011, she premiered Strange Mercy (which was later released on September 13, 2011.) in the Temple of Dendur room at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, New York, she also introduced Toko Yasuda (ex-Enon), Matt Johnson, and Daniel Mintseris as members of her live band.
- In 2012, Annie Clark featured on Andrew Bird’s album Break It Yourself singing on “Lusitania”. On June 14, 2012, her first single from her collaboration with David Byrne, “Who”, formerly of Talking Heads, was released. It came from their album Love This Giant, which was released on September 11, 2012. On September 18, that same year, she participated in the “30 Songs / 30 Days” campaign to support Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide, a multi-platform media project inspired by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn’s best-selling book.
- In November 2013, she received the Smithsonian American Ingenuity Award for Performing Arts and signed to Loma Vista Recordings.
- In January 2014, she released her second single, “Digital Witness”. It was ranked as the #1 album of 2014, by many publications, including The Guardian, Entertainment Weekly, NME, Gigwise, and MusicOMH.
- In February 2015, she received her first Grammy, as St Vincent won “Best Alternative Music Album”
- In June 2017, St. Vincent released “New York”, the lead single from her fifth album, In October 2017, she released her fifth studio album, Mass education. On October 12, 2018, she officially released “MassEducation” a brand new acoustic rendition of her previous album.
- In 2018, St. Vincent performed at Coachella. One of her performances “Slow Disco” inspired the release of a new rendition of the track titled “Fast Slow Disco” in June.
- In 2018, St. Vincent collaborated with the American rock band Sleater-Kinney to produce their ninth studio album, The Center Won’t Hold, which was released the following year.
- In 2019, St. Vincent co-wrote “Cruel Summer” with Taylor Swift and Jack Antonoff for Swift’s seventh studio album Lover (2019).
Is St. Vincent married or not?
Knowing her personal life, St. Vincent is bisexual. There is no meaning of talking about her marriage, divorce, and children. She earlier dated model Cara Delevingne and actress Kristen Stewart. For now, she is breathing a single life and giving her focus more on her professional music career. Currently, she is residing in New York City, United States.
How much does St. Vincent earn?
Vincent has garnered a really large sum in the course of her music career. The professional singer has her net worth estimated at $6 million while her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is St. Vincent?
Glancing at her body statistics, St. Vincent has Unorthodox musical style. She stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches. She is blessed with a slim body figure of weight 55 kg. She has black hair and her eyes are hazel. Similarly, she carries body measurements of 34-26-34.
Did You Know?
- Her music has been noted for its wide array of instruments and complex arrangements, as well as its polysemous lyrics, which have been described as teetering between “happiness and madness”.