Quick Facts Of Steven Spielberg
Celebrated Name Steven Spielberg Age 72 Years Nick Name Steve Birth Name Steven Allan Spielberg Birth Date 1946-12-18 Gender Male Profession Filmmaker, Director and Producer Nationality American Ethnicity White Religion Jewish Marital Status Married Net Worth $3.7 billion Best Known For Movie Producing Hair Color Grey Height 5 feet 7 inches Place Of Birth Cincinatti, Ohio Birth Nation USA Spouse Amy Irving (M. 1985; Div. 1989) and Kate Capshaw (M. 1991 to Present) Children Seven Father Arnold Spielberg Mother Leah Posner Siblings Three School Phoenix Hebrew School High School Arcadia High School and Saratoga High School College / University University of Southern California / California State University Educational Qualification BA Degree in Film and Electronic Arts Salary $150 million yearly Source of Wealth Film Industry Eye Color Blue Weight 75 Kg Horoscope Sagittarius Sexual Orientation Straight Links Wikipedia, Facebook
Undoubtedly one of the most influential film personalities in the history of film, as well as one of the wealthiest and most popular directors of recent times, Steven Spielberg is an Academy-Award winning filmmaker, director, and producer of some of the biggest blockbusters in Hollywood of the late 20th and early 21st century, including Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park, Schindler’s List, Saving Private Ryan, among several others. Today, let’s explore the facts related to Steven Spielberg wiki, bio, career, and net worth.
What is Steven Spielberg known for?
- His talent and versatility skills.
- His directing movies like Jaws, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park, Schindler’s List, Saving Private Ryan, etc.
Who are the Steven Spielberg parents?
Recalling his past life, Steven was born as Steven Allan Spielberg in Cincinnati, Ohio, to a restaurateur and concert pianist mother Leah Posner and an electrical engineer father Arnold Spielberg. He grew up in an Orthodox Jewish family. In 1950, his father took a job with RCA, and Spielberg had to move with the entire family to Haddon Township, New Jersey. The family later moved to Pheonix, Arizona.
In childhood, he suffered from acts of Anti-Semitic prejudices and bullying, and also had a hard time merging the perception of him by other children outside and his family traditions as Orthodox Jews.
Talking about his education, He joined Phoenix Hebrew School. He later joined Arcadia High School and Saratoga High School. After graduating from high school, He went to the University of Southern California where he studied Flim and Electronic Arts. After that, He joined California State University but dropped out in 1969 in order to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.
When did Steven Spielberg pursue film directing career?
- Mentioning a few of the details of his profession, Spielberg’s first film was a 26-minute production by the name of Amblin’, produced in 1968 when the budding film-maker was working as an intern at ‘Universal Studios’.
- In 1969, he received his first professional television job as he was hired to direct a segment for the pilot episode of ‘Night Gallery’, which starred Joan Crawford.
- After impressing ‘Universal Studios’ with his first full-length assignment, an episode of ‘The Name of the Game’ called ‘L.A. 2017’, he signed a contract with Universal for directing four films.
- He directed the 1975 film ‘Jaws’, which was his first major success, grossing more than $470 million worldwide at the box office and ushering him into the mainstream.
- ’Close Encounters of the Third Kind’, both written and directed by Steven in 1977, won him his first ‘Academy Award nomination for Best Director’.
- The talented filmmaker directed ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’ in 1981, the first movie in the Indiana Jones films starring Harrison Ford.
- In 1982, he directed ‘E.T. The Extraterrestrial’, which turned out to be the highest grossing film of all time at the time it was released.
- Spielberg worked on the film ‘Jurassic Park’ released in 1993 and would go on to release 3 more films in the adventure, science fiction series.
- Transitioning from adventure films to drama, this eminent director released Schindler’s List also in 1993.
- ‘Saving Private Ryan’, released in 1998, was a huge success and the biggest film of the year according to North American box office numbers and was second biggest worldwide.
- He directed ‘War of the Worlds’ in 2005, which grossed over $591 million worldwide, another huge box office success.
- In 2012, Spielberg’s film ‘Lincoln’ was released and received critical acclaim as it was nominated for twelve academy awards, more than any other film that year.
- In 2015, Spielberg directed the movie ‘Bridge of Spies’. The film is based on the 1960 U-2 incident occurred during the Cold War and starred Tom Hanks in the lead role. The film was released on October 16, 2015, and was nominated for six Academy Awards.
- In 2016, Spielberg directed and co-produced part-animated fantasy adventure film ‘The BFG’. The movie was released on July 1, 2016.
- His projects include a film adaptation of the popular sci-fi novel ‘Ready Player One’. The film is released on March 30, 2018.
Does Steven Spielberg win the awards?
Steven Spielberg has been nominated for several awards and has won many awards in his career. Some of his notable honours are listed below:
- The ‘Irving G. Thalberg Memorial Award’ from the ‘Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’, in 1986.
- For his work on ‘Schindler’s List’ in 1994, this director earned two ‘Academy Awards’, one for ‘Best Picture’ and one for Best Director’.
- In 1994, ‘The University of Southern California’ awarded Spielberg with an honorary degree.
- He won the ‘Best Director Academy Award’ for the war movie ‘Saving Private Ryan’, in 1999.
- Spielberg received the ‘Directors Guild of America Lifetime Achievement Award’ in 2004.
- The veteran director Spielberg was inducted into the ‘Science Fiction Hall of Fame’ in 2005.
- In 2015, he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Barack Obama, etc.
To whom Steven Spielberg married?
Reflecting his personal life, Steven Spielberg got married in 1985 to his first wife, Amy Irving, an actress. They both had a son, before the couple divorced in 1989. He met his second – and current – wife, actress Kate Capshaw, in 1984 during the making of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, in which she also starred.
Spielberg married his second and current wife, Kate Capshaw, in 1991, and she has had three children with him. Together with two step-children from her previous marriage, and an adopted daughter, Spielberg has seven children altogether.
How much is Steven Spielberg net worth?
From a very successful and equally lucrative career as a director in groundbreaking Hollywood movies, Steven Spielberg has a net worth of USD$ 3.7 billion dollars. As per online sources, his salary said to be somewhere around $150 million yearly.
Talking about his assets, Steven Spielberg’s house, which is a mansion in California, is worth over USD$ 20 million dollars. It has a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Slot Machine, Home Cinema, Gaming Room, Sports Room, Museum and a giant library.
How tall is Steven Spielberg?
Observing his body statistics, Steven stands a height of 5 feet 7 inches and weighs around 75 kg. Similarly, He has a pair of blue eyes and grey hair colour. His other body information yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Did You Know?
- He often shows performers staring, usually at something off-camera.
- His films are almost always edited by Michael Kahn.
- He is an ardent champion of the “cutting-in-camera” philosophy