Quick Facts Of Stormzy
Celebrated Name Stormzy Age 26 Years Nick Name Stormzy Birth Name Michael Ebenazer Kwadjo Omari Owuo Jr. Birth Date 1993-07-26 Gender Male Profession Rapper and Songwriter Birth Nation England Nationality English Place Of Birth London Ethnicity Black Religion Christian High School Harris Academy South Norwood University Oxford University Parents Will Add Soon Siblings Will Add Soon Body Build/Type Athletic Height 196 cm Weight 90 Kg Hair Color Black Eye Color Dark Brown Body Measurement Will Add Soon Marital Status Unmarried Sexual Orientation Straight Net Worth $0.9 Million Source of Wealth Rapping career Salary Will Add Soon
Michael Ebenazer Kwadjo Omari Owuo Jr. famed as Stormzy is a British rapper, singer and songwriter. He gained popularity on the UK underground music scene through his Wicked Skengman series of freestyles over classic grime beats. He won Best Grime Act at the 2014 and 2015 MOBO Awards and was named as an artist to look out for in the BBC’s Sound of 2015 list. His debut album, Gang Signs & Prayer (2017), was the first grime album to reach number one on the UK Albums Chart and won British Album of the Year at the 2018 Brit Awards. Moreover, he achieved his first number-one single with “Vossi Bop” and his headline appearance at the 2019 Glastonbury Festival was widely praised in 2019. He also endorsed Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn in 2016. He encouraged the audience at the 2019 Glastonbury Festival to join him in chanting “Fuck the Government and fuck Boris”.
Stormzy stopped Jay-Z rapping on an Ed Sheeran song
Stormzy has revealed how he prevented Jay-Z from appearing on his song with Ed Sheeran, Take Me Back to London. The US rapper wanted to appear on the track, but the grime star turned down his “number one hero inspiration” because he thought it was a bad fit. “I felt proper bad because I was like, ‘You’re saying no to Jay-Z!'” he told ITV’s Jonathan Ross show. “Jay-Z was super proud and super shocked and taken aback by the fact that this kid told him,” he added. Jay-Z was in the studio as the track came together, Stormzy told Jonathan Ross in an interview that’s scheduled to air on 30 November on Saturday. The rapper recently announced his second album, Heavy Is The Head, which will be released on 13 December. He has also revealed plans for an extensive, 55-date world tour in 2020, with shows scheduled in the UK, US, Canada, China, Korea, Australia, New Zealand, Nigeria, and Ghana.
What is the birthplace of Stormzy?
On 26th July 1993, Stormzy was born as Michael Ebenazer Kwadjo Omari Owuo Jr. in Croydon, London, England. His nationality is English and he belongs to the black ethnic group. His religion is Christian. As of 2019, he celebrated his 26th birthday with his friends and families. About his education, he studied at Harris Academy South Norwood and at Oxford University. There is no information regarding his parents and siblings.
How tall is Stormzy?
Stormzy is a very cool person with an athletic body build. He has got a very charming smile attracting a lot of people towards him. He has got a tall height of six feet five inches or 196 cm with a balanced bodyweight of 90 Kg or 198 lbs. His hair color is black and his eye color is dark brown. His other body measurements will be added once we get details about it. Overall, he has got a very healthy body with an attractive personality.
How was the career of Stormzy?
- Stormzy gained attention on the UK underground music scene via his Wicked Skengman series of freestyles over classic grime beats.
- Firstly, Stormzy released his debut EP Dreamers Disease independently in July 2014.
- He won Best Grime Act at the MOBO Awards on 22nd October 2014.
- He became the first unsigned rapper to appear on Later… with Jools Holland performing the song “Not That Deep” from Dreamers Disease.
- He collaborated with rapper Chip and Shalo on the track “I’m Fine”, also appearing in a video for the song in November 2014.
- He then came number 3 in the “BBC Introducing top 5” on Radio 1 on 7th January 2015.
- He released the single “Know Me From” in March 2015.
- He released a final installment to his “WickedSkengMan” freestyle series, “WickedSkengMan 4”, onto iTunes, along with a studio version of his “Shut Up” freestyle over XTC’s Functions on the Low instrumental. It was in September 2015.
- He performed “Shut Up” during British heavyweight boxer Anthony Joshua’s ring-walk for his fight versus Dillian Whyte on 12th December 2015.
- He released the non-album song “Scary” before he went into hiatus in April 2016.
- He then returned in early February 2017 via a series of billboard campaigns across London displaying the hashtag #GSAP 24.02.
- The album title was announced to be Gang Signs & Prayer which was released on 24th February 2017.
- His headline appearance on the Pyramid Stage at the 2019 Glastonbury Festival was widely praised.
- The performance featured a speech by the politician David Lammy that discussed the proportion of black and minority ethnic people in the British criminal justice system.
- He encouraged the audience to join him in chanting “Fuck the Government and fuck Boris”-the latter a reference to former London Mayor Boris Johnson’s Conservative Party leadership campaign.
- He wore a Union Jack stab vest designed by the artist Banksy, which was widely perceived as a comment on the rise in knife crime in London.
- He has reached a number on the UK Singles Chart a total of two times; firstly as part of “Artists for Grenfell” on 23 June 2017 with the song “Bridge Over Troubled Water”, and secondly with his own solo single “Vossi Bop”.
- He later released the singles “Crown”, “Sounds of the Skeng” and “Wiley Flow”, before announcing his second album, Heavy Is the Head, for release on 13th December 2019.
- In November 2019, along with other musicians, he endorsed the Corbyn in the 2019 UK general election with a call to end austerity.
- That Reminds Me, a novel in verse by Derek Owusu, is the most recent, released in November 2019.
Is Stormzy married?
Stormzy is not married yet and he is still to get married. As of today, he is assumed to be single as there are no rumors about him dating other ladies. At present, he is focusing on his career rather than spending his time in a relationship. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Stormzy’s Net Worth?
The net worth of this famous rapper is estimated to have $0.9 Million as of 2019. His exact salary is under review but it will be added once we get information about his earnings. There is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he must be earning a considerable amount of salary from his present work. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings. His major source of earning is from rapping and singing career.
Did You Know?
- He won Best Grime Act at the 2014 and 2015 MOBO Awards and was named as an artist to look out for in the BBC’s Sound of 2015 list.
- He gained popularity on the UK underground music scene through his Wicked Skengman series of freestyles over classic grime beats.
- His debut album, Gang Signs & Prayer (2017), was the first grime album to reach number one on the UK Albums Chart and won British Album of the Year at the 2018 Brit Awards.
- He achieved his first number-one single with “Vossi Bop” and his headline appearance at the 2019 Glastonbury Festival was widely praised in 2019.