Quick Facts Of Tamron Hall
Celebrated Name Tamron Hall Age 49 Years Nick Name Tamron Birth Name Tamron Hall Birth Date 1970-09-16 Gender Female Profession Journalist Place Of Birth Luling, Texas, USA Eye Color Black Hair Color Black Ethnicity Afro-American Nationality American Education Temple University Best Known For MSNBC Live Marital Status Married Net Worth $ 5 Million Height 5 feet 9 inches Weight 67 Kg Breast Size 38 inches Waist Size 27 inches Hip Size 37 inches Body Measurement 38-27-37 inches Body Build/Type Slim Dress Size 10 (US) Shoe Size 9.5 (US) Husband Steven Greener Children Coming soon Educational Qualification Degree in Broadcast Journalism Mother Mary Newton Siblings Renate Salary $ 1 Million (Annually) Horoscope Vigro Links Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Tamron Hall, the famous American journalist who was formerly associated with the NBC as a National correspondent is one of the happening personality in the field of media and journalism. She is a little conservative when it comes to revealing her family affairs or for that matter even about her family to any of them. In this section, we will talk about Tamron Hall’s wiki-bio including her married life, net worth, career, and much more. So, scroll down for more information.
What is Tamron Hall famous for?
- As an American broadcast journalist and TV host.
- As the third hour of the Today show, Today’s Take and Deadline: Crime on Investigation Discovery channel.
- As the former host of News Nation with Tamron Hall.
Tamron Hall ‘Thrilled’ About Pregnancy at 48: ‘She Thought This Wasn’t in the Cards’
Tamron Hall’s dream has finally come true and the mom-to-be couldn’t be more excited. After the former Today host surprised her social media followers by revealing she is 32 weeks pregnant on Monday, a source tells PEOPLE that Hall has been waiting for this moment for years.
“This journey has been a long one, and there were a ton of ups and downs and she’s just so happy to finally be in a place to be able to share this news. This is truly the happiest time of her life.”
Hall, first announced she and her husband, music executive Steven Greener, are expecting their first child together by sharing a video of herself dancing to “Baby Shark” and holding a related book in front of her belly. She then took the book away and showed off her bump, singing and dancing along to the popular kids’ tune before telling the camera, “Surprise! Can you believe it? I’m about to be a mommy shark really soon!”
Hall followed up her big reveal by posting several photos on Instagram this, sharing sweet moments between her and Greener as well as her alone posing to show off her baby belly.
Where did Tamron Hall go to college?
Back to her early life, Tamron Hall was born in Luling, Texas. She is of American nationality and belongs to African-American ethnicity. He experienced his childhood in Luling, Texas, USA.
She is the daughter of Mary Newton (mother) and her father’s name is unknown. She had a sister named Renate, who was murdered in her house at Houston. It was also reported that her dead body was floating in her backyard pool. However, the crime is said to be made by one of her past abusive boyfriends.
As per her education, Hall completed her high school education from her native town. After high school graduation, she attended Temple University and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Broadcast Journalism.
Tamron Hall Career and Achievements
- Tamron Hall began her broadcasting career with KBTX in Bryan, Texas, as a general assignment reporter. Later she moved to KTVT, a CBS owned-and-operated television station serving the Dallas, in Fort Worth, Texas.
- In 1997, she joined WFLD-TV, a Fox owned-and-operated television station in Chicago, Illinois, and is a former resident of Chicago, she reported on issues related to local politics.
- At WFLD-TV, she hosted the three-hour ‘Fox News in the Morning’ and covered many ‘breaking news’ stories including Amtrak’s devastating train-truck collision in 1999. She launched a consumer report segment, ‘The Bottom Line,’ in 1999. At WFLD-TV, she held several other positions including those of a general assignment reporter and consumer reporter and anchored the weekday mornings. She departed from WFLD-TV in 2007.
- She joined the MSNBC national news network in 2007, where she worked for the next ten years. She served as a general reporter and fill-in anchor, and first gained prominence as a substitute anchor along with Keith Olbermann on the ‘Countdown with Keith Olbermann’ program.
- In 2008, her one-on-one interview with Barack Obama before he announced his run for the presidency was highly appreciated. Next, she joined David Shuster as co-host of ‘The Big Picture’, a two-hour program that started in June 2009 and concluded in January 2010.
- She hosted ‘News Nation with Tamron Hall’ when it was launched in 2010. It aired on weekdays, featuring high-profile interviews and coverage of US, global and entertainment news, including live television broadcast from Ground Zero in New York City after Osama Bin Laden’s death, was announced. She also covered the final space shuttle launch in 2011 and the Hurricane Isaac in 2012. She was the correspondent of the NBC News special program ‘The Inauguration of Barack Obama,’ in October 2010.
- From September 2013, she began hosting another series, ‘Deadline: Crime with Tamron Hall’, on Investigation Discovery. For this weekly newsmagazine, Hall and her investigative team uncovered details of each crime on why and how things happened in each case. She dedicated the program to her older sister, whose death was a homicide and still remains unsolved.
- She made history when she began hosting NBC’s ‘Today’ in 2014, as she became the first African-American woman to serve as a co-anchor in the program. She was a frequent fill-in for main co-anchors Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie. Some of her significant interviews for the program were of Instagram’s CEO Kevin Systrom, Australian actor Hugh Jackman, and American singer Mariah Carey.
- She was featured in an episode of ‘Running Wild with Bear Grylls’ in 2014, in which she was shown hiking over rugged terrain in the Pink Cliffs of southwestern Utah for two days with Bear Grylls.
- Hall quit NBC News and MSNBC in February 2017. It is reported that she learned that she would lose her co-anchor slot on ‘Today.’ Her program was being cut by an hour to make room for a new daytime talk show. It is reported that NBC offered her a “significant financial incentive” to stay with the network, but she chose to depart.
- In July 2017, she teamed up with Harvey Weinstein of The Weinstein Company and co-founder of Miramax, a film and television production company. Her new job is multi-layered she will host her own daytime talk show, which is yet to be named and will also serve as the executive producer of the program.
- The program, which will feature entertainment news, current event news, interviews, and human-interest stories, will be launched in 2018. She will also serve as executive producer for other upcoming programs produced by Weinstein Television.
- ABC Entertainment named Bill Geddie as executive producer for Hall’s show on January 22, 2019. With 85% US coverage and 47 of top 50 markets, Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer and International announced on March 4, 2019, that the show would debut on September 9, 2019.
Tamron Hall’s Awards and Nominations
- At WFLD-TV, Tamron Hall was nominated for an Emmy for her consumer report segment, ‘The Bottom Line,’ which was first aired in 1999. Her NBC special news segment ‘The Inauguration of Barack Obama,’ won an Emmy in October 2010.
- She received the Lew Klein Alumni in the Media Award from Temple University in 2010. She also earned an Emmy nomination for her segment ‘Education Nation: Teacher Town Hall’ in 2011.
- She won the Edward R. Murrow Award for her report on domestic abuse in 2016.
What is Tamron Hall’s net worth?
As a social worker or Journalist, she has an estimated net worth of about $ 5 Million at present having an annual salary of about $ 1 Million.
In addition, she has been widely involved in charity works and raised fund against HIV and AIDS, poverty, human trafficking, and sexual abuse.
Is Tamron Hall married?
Reflecting her personal life, She was previously in a relationship with MSNBC’s anchor Lawrence O’Donnell back in 2012. They kept their affair low profile. During an interview with Harvey, she explained about her challenges finding love in her life.
People used to ask her when will she get married and it was a difficult question for her to respond. Surprisingly, she replied that she has a boyfriend. She didn’t reveal much about her mystery but disclosed that he works in ‘entertainment’.
She said, “I have a boyfriend now. Now you have mixed feelings because you didn’t pick him, you haven’t approved of him.”
An of now, her pregnancy was revealed that her mysterious boyfriend is Steven Greener, a music executive. According to some online sources, She might tie the knot in early 2018 with Steven Greener. Further, She admitted that she has been dated a couple of men but no one was abusive.
Tamron Hall’s Height, Weight, and Body Statistics
Observing her body statistics, Tamron has a height of 5 feet 9 inches. Her body weighs 67kg. Besides this, her hair color is black. Also, her eye colors are black. Talking about her body measurement, her body figure measures the size of 38-27-37 inches. Additionally, her dress size is 10 (US) and shoe size is 9.5 (US).
Did You Know?
- She was pregnant at the age of 48, the first time.
- Her sister Renet was murdered in 2004 mysteriously.