Quick Facts Of Terrell Owens
Celebrated Name Terrell Owens Age 45 Years Nick Name T.O. Birth Name Terrell Eldorado Owens Birth Date 1973-12-07 Gender Male Profession Football Wide Reciever Birth Nation United States Place Of Birth Alexander City, Alabama Nationality American Ethnicity African-American Horoscope Sagittarius Famous For Being the best player of his era. Father LC Russel Mother Marilyn Heard Siblings 3 Sisters Sharmaine and Latasha Brothers Victor Owens High School Benjamin Russell High School University University of Tennessee Marital Status Divorced Spouse Rachel Snider(ex-wife) Girl Friend Kari Klinkenborg, Melanie Paige Smith III, Serinda Swan, Kip Force, Felisha Terrell and Candace Cabrera. Children 4 Daughter Dasha and Kylee Son Terique and Atlin Net Worth $100k Body Build/Type Athletic Height 6ft. 3inch(1.91 m) Weight 102 kg(224 lbs) Hair Color Bald Eye Color Brown Sexual Orientation Straight Debut Club San Francisco 49ers Career Start 1996 A.D.
Terrell Owens is a former American football wide receiver who is regarded as one of the best players of his era was also a six-time Pro Bowl selection and five-time first-team All-Pro. Owens played in the National Football League (NFL) for 16 seasons holding several NFL records. Owens was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2018.
What is Terrell Owens Famous For?
- Famous as one of the best players of his era.
- Known for his tremendous game as football wide receiver.
When and Where was Terrell Owens Born?
Terrell Owens was born on December 7, 1973, in Alexander City, Alabama, United States. His birth name is Terrell Eldorado Owens. His nationality is American. Owens belongs to African-American ethnicity while is Sagittarius his zodiac sign.
Terrell Owens is the son of LC Russel(father) and Marilyn Heard(mother). His parents, however, separated their path when Owens was too young. Ownes was raised by his mother and grandmother along with his three siblings: two sisters Sharmaine and Latasha and a brother, Victor. Terrell didn’t know about his father until he was 11.
Owens was always interested in sports since his childhood though his grandmother initially forbade him from playing sports. Owens attended Benjamin Russell High School where he participated in football, baseball, track, and basketball.
After then Owens joined the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga where he played in the 1995 NCAA Basketball Tournament.
Owens became the starter during his sophomore year and also earned Second-team all-conference as a junior and First-team All-Southern Conference honors in the senior year. Owens was even inducted into the school’s Athletic Hall of Fame in 2003.
Owens also participated in the Senior Bowl in preparation for the NFL Draft.
Terrell Owens’s Career Highlights
- Terrell Owens kicked off his professional career after he got selected by San Francisco 49ers in the 1996 NFL Draft.
- Owens made his first professional debut in a game against the New Orleans Saints in 1996.
- In 1997, Owens along with quarterback Steve Young helped the San Francisco 49ers team to win 13 games in the season.
- On December 17, 2000, Owens made a record-breaking score win over the Chicago Bears with 20 catches for 283 yards.
- Owens was named to 3 consecutive “First-team All-Pro Teams” for 2000, 2001 and 2002.
- Owens also appeared in the 5 Pro Bowl appearances during his days at San Francisco 49ers.
- Owens helped the team win the “NFC West” title in the 2002 season.
- Owens signed a 7-year contract as an unrestricted free agent with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2004.
- In September 2004, Owens released an autobiography titled “Catch This! Going Deep” with the NFL’s Sharpest Weapon.
- Owens couldn’t perform well because of his injury with the Eagles, however, he got involved in several controversies with his comments that Eagles fans perceived as verbal jabs at McNabb and the team.
- However, on March 18, 2006, Owens was signed to Dallas Cowboys with a 3-year contract, four days after he was released by the Eagles.
- Owens led the league in the regular season with 13 touchdown receptions though he went through surgery twice to repair his right ring finger.
- On November 18, 2008, Owens set a new career-high and tied a franchise record, with four touchdown catches against the Washington Redskins.
- Owens was then signed to the Buffalo Bulls with a 1-year contract, four days after he was released by the Cowboys.
- Owens became the oldest player to have a touchdown reception of 76+ yards in 2009.
- On July 27, 2010, Owens signed a one-year contract with the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Owens performed his last active season in the NFL as the active career leader in receiving yards with Bengals.
- Owens signed a six-figure contract with Allen Wranglers to play during the 2012 season.
- On August 6, 2012, Owens signed a one-year, $925,000 contract with the Seattle Seahawks, however, he was released by August 26 the same year.
- On June 28, 2017, Owens played as team captain for “Team Owens” in the inaugural game for the “American Flag Football League”.
- Owens even was added by the Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL to their negotiation list but within a month they dropped his name from the list.
- Owens also worked out for the Saskatchewan Roughriders in 2018.
Is Terrell Owens Married? How many children does he have?
The popular NFL player, Terrell Owens has been in relationships with several beautiful ladies for a long time. Owens dated Kari Klinkenborg, Melanie Paige Smith III, Serinda Swan, Kip Force, Felisha Terrell, and Candace Cabrera.
However, Owens was legally married to only a woman named Rachel Snider. The couple got married in 2014 however, their marriage couldn’t last more and they divorced a few months after.
Owens is the father of four children from different mothers: two daughters Dasha and Kylee and two sons Terique and Atlin. In September 2011, Owens was sued by Melanie Paige Smith III(one of the mothers) for not paying for child support.
In 2012, three of the four mothers to his children accused Owens of the same issue for child support payment in an episode of Dr. Phil.
Later, Owens paid $45,000 per month in child support. Besides, Terrell grew up idolizing the famous player, Jerry Rice and he was even able to play alongside him while with the San Francisco 49ers.
How much does Terrell Owens earn?
The 45 years old popular athlete, Terrell Owens has a well earned through his career as a football wide receiver of NFL. Owens has managed to amass a great fortune of the amount in million dollars through his contract deals, endorsement deals, and salaries. Owens had made an $80 million as his total salary earnings throughout his career. His current estimated net worth is $100k.
Owens once signed a $49 million worth contract with the Eagles for seven years, including a $10 million signing bonus. Later then Owens made $9 million and was slated to make $4.5 million in 2005. He then had signed a 3-year, $25 million contract including a $5 million signing bonus, with a $5 million first-year salary.
With all the fortunes in million dollars, Owens has managed to live quite a luxurious lifestyle.
How Tall is Terrell Owens?
The NFL hero, Terrell Owens has a well maintained masculine athletic body physique. Being an athlete, Owens has always been conscious of his body physique. Owens stands tall with a height of 6ft. 3inch(1.91 m) while his body weighs around 102 kg(224 lbs). Owens has a dark complexion with bald hair and brown eyes.
Did You Know?
- Owens had rapped in a single titled ‘I’m Back’.
- Owens is the only player in the history of NFL to score a receiving touchdown against all 32 NFL teams.
- Owens had no idea about his dad until he turned 11.
- Owens was offered a deal by American fast-food chains Carl Jr’s and Hardee’s in 2013.