Quick Facts Of Tobias Menzies
Celebrated Name Tobias Menzies Age 45 Years Nick Name N/A Birth Name Hanan Tobias Simpson Menzies Birth Date 1974-03-07 Gender Male Profession Actor Birth Nation United Kingdom Place Of Birth London, England Nationality British Ethnicity English-Scottish Horoscope Pisces Religion Will Update Soon… School Perry Court Rudolf Steiner School High School Frensham Heights School College / University Royal Academy of Dramatic Art Educational Qualification BA Degree in Acting Marital Status Unmarried – Single Father Peter Menzies Mother Gillian Simpson Siblings One Brothers Luke Menzies Height 6 feet 1 inch Weight 57 Kg Eye Color Hazel Hair Color Brown Net Worth Under Review Salary Under Review Source of Wealth Entertainment Industry Sexual Orientation Straight Links Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Tobias Menzies is an English actor who has appeared in numerous films, television shows, and theatrical plays. He featured in the popular historical drama series ‘Rome’ as ‘Marcus Junius Brutus’. As the son of a radio producer, he was exposed to the world of entertainment from a young age. He decided early on to pursue a career in acting and studied the subject at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. After appearing in minor television and film roles, he went on to play important roles in shows and movies like ‘Casualty’, ‘Eternal Law’, ‘Simon Schama’s Shakespeare’, ‘The Duel,’ and ‘The Night Manager’. Let’s know more about the actor through this article.
What makes Tobias Menzies famous?
Tobias Menzies is an English actor best known for his portrayal of Brutus in Rome. Moreover, he is also well recognized for his Golden Globe dual nomination for the theatre critics Outlander. He is also known for his work in the radio industry as a narrator and a voice artist. On television, he has appeared in shows like ‘Game of Thrones’ portraying the character of ‘Edmure Tully’ of ‘House Tully’. One of his career highlights has been his portrayal of ‘Frank Randall’ or ‘Jonathan “Black Jack” Randall’ in the drama series ‘Outlander’.
Who are the parents of Tobias Menzies?
Recalling his early life, Tobias was born in London, England. He was born as Hanan Tobias Simpson Menzies. He was born to parents Gillian (née Simpson), English literature and drama teacher, and Peter Menzies, a BBC radio producer. He has a brother named Luke Menzies, who is now a solicitor. He holds British citizenship but his ethnicity is English-Scottish.
Concerning his education, He attended the Perry Court Rudolf Steiner School and trained in movement, singing and instrumental music which is collectively known as the Steiner System. After that, he joined Frensham Heights School and then attended the Deborah Moody’s Year Out Drama Company in Stratford-Upon-Avon. Then, he joined the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and graduated with a BA degree in Acting in 1998.
When did Tobias Menzies begin to start acting?
- Moving towards his career, Tobias began his career with several British television’s most famous series like Casualty (1998-2000), Midsome Murders (2000) and Foyle’s War (2002).
- He made his film debut from the 2000’s dramatic comedy ‘The Low Down’ which premiered at the Locarno Film Festival. In 2005, he appeared in the romantic comedy ‘Piccadilly Jim’ and drama ‘Pierrepoint: The Last Hangman’.
- Likewise, some of his other credits include Casino Royals, Persuasion, and Game of Thrones. Adding to it, his acting skills can be seen in The Terror (2018), King Lear (2018), and Cramilla (2018).
- He was announced in June of 2019, as a cast member for the Channel 4/Hulu original series This Way Up, a comedy set around the life of an English as a Second/Foreign Language (ESL/EFL) teacher, from actress and writer Aisling Bea.
- He is also active in theaters and has appeared in ‘The History Boys’, ‘Three Sisters’, ‘Hamlet’, ‘Persuasion’ (2007), ‘The Cherry Orchard’, ‘The Relief of Belsen’ (2007).
- Likewise, he started his radio career from 2010’s drama ‘A Nice Little Holiday’. Also, he starred in BBC Radio 3’s drama ‘Serious Money’ and narrated RISINGTIDEFALLINGSTAR in 2017.
Is Tobias Menzies married?
Reflecting on her personal life, Tobias is one of those celebrities who prefer to keep their personal life close to their chest. However, the only relationship that couldn’t hide from the media was his romantic fling with British actress, Kristin Scott Thomas.
They first met on The Three Sister’s set in 2003. Then, they got a chance to share the same stage in the movie As You Desire Me in 2006. He fell for her at first sight although she was married to a gynecologist, Francois Oliveness. Kristin and Francois had a long seventeen years of relationship, however, they got separated and Kristin started dating Tobias. And just like her previous relationship, this relationship also didn’t work and they split. After that, he has not been spotted with any other women.
What is the net worth of Tobias Menzies?
The talented actor, Tobias is active on television and the big screen since 1998. Undoubtedly, he has gained a large amount of fortune for himself. However, his earnings and net worth remain under wraps.
How tall is Tobias Menzies?
Observing his body statistics, Tobias stands a height of 6 feet 1 inch and weighs around 57 Kg. He has hazel eye color and has brown hair color. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Did You Know?
- He was an expert swordsman.
- He has been a tennis enthusiast since he was a child.
- He was drawn to acting after frequently attending theater productions with his mom as a teen.
- His parents divorced when Tobias was six years old.