Quick Facts Of Tomokazu Harimoto
Celebrated Name Tomokazu Harimoto Age 16 Years Nick Name Harimoto Birth Name Zhang Zhihe Birth Date 2003-06-27 Gender Male Profession Table Tennis Player Birth Nation China Place Of Birth Sendai in Miyagi Prefecture Nationality Japanese Father Zhang Yu Mother Zhang Ling School East Miyagi Elementary School Sexual Orientation Straight Best Known For The youngest player ever to win number of titles in tennis Career Start At the age of 2 Height 5ft. 4inches.(1.63 m) Hair Color Brown Eye Color Brown
Tomokazu Harimoto is a popular Japanese table tennis player. He is the youngest ever winner of an ITTF World Tour men’s singles title since 2017. In December 2018, Harimoto became the youngest player to win the ITTF World Tour Grand Finals at the age of just 15. Harimotois currently playing the 2019 ITTF Bulgaria Open.
- Recently, on 16th August 2019, Tomokazu Harimoto won the game against Chen Chien-An at the 2019 ITTF Bulgaria Open.
Tomokazu Harimoto Famous for?
- Tomokazu Harimoto is famous as the youngest tennis player ever winner of an “ITTF World Tour men’s singles” and “ITTF World Tour”.
Tomokazu Harimoto’s Early Life: Birth Date/ Parents?
Tomokazu Harimoto was born on June 27, 2003, in Sendai in Miyagi Prefecture, China. His birth name is Zhang Zhihe. His nationality is Japanese.
Harimoto was born to Zhang Yu(father) and Zhang Ling(mother). Both of his parents are former professional table tennis players from Sichuan, China. His mother, Zhang Ling also had represented China to the 43rd World Table Tennis Championships in Tianjin.
Tomokazu Harimoto started playing tennis at an early age of two. He got the Japenese citizenship in 2014 at the age of 11 and legally changed his name to Harimoto.
Harimoto attended East Miyagi Elementary School in 2016 and then he joined “JOC Elite Academy”.
Tomokazu Harimoto’s Career: Table Tennis?
- Harimoto kicked of his career winning the title “All-Japan Table Tennis Championships Juniors” in 2010 as a first grader.
- He was the youngest player to be chosen to represent Japan at the “World Junior Table Tennis Championships” in France in 2015.
- However, he was not able to participate in the tournament due to the November 2015 Pris attacks.
- He won “2016 U-21Japan Open title” defeating the seasoned professionals: Ho Kwan Kit, Hugo Calderano, and teammate Kohei Sambe at age of 12 & 355 days.
- He became the youngest winner of “ITTF World Tour under-21 men’s singles” after the win in 2016.
- He then had the historic win with gold medals at “World Junior Table Tennis Championships” in Cape Town, South Africa thus, becoming the youngest winner ever of the title.
- Harimoto achieved an Under-21 ranking of No. 10 in the world in December 2016.
- He became the youngest ever winner of “ITTF World Tour men’s singles title” at age of 14 in 2017.
- In January 2018 he became the youngest ever winner of the men’s singles title at the Japanese National Championships.
- In December 2018, he was the youngest ever winner of an “ITTF World Tour Grand Finals” men’s singles title at the age of 15.
Tomokazu Harimoto’s Personal Life?
The 16 aged, Tomokazu Harimoto isn’t dating anyone at the moment. He is focused on Table Tennis(which he describes to be his life).
Harimoto describes himself as an unsociable and shy person. He enjoys playing baseball and reading comics book.
Tomokazu Harimoto’s Net Worth?
Tomokazu Harimoto, the youngest player ever, has a healthy amount of earning from his games around $40k.
Tomokazu Harimoto’s Body Measurements: Height/ Weight?
Tomokazu Harimoto has a good body physique. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 4inch.
He has a fair complexion with brown hair and brown eyes.
Did You Know?
- Harimoto started playing tennis at an early age of two.
- He enjoys playing baseball and reading comics books.