Quick Facts Of Tua Tagovailoa
Celebrated Name Tua Tagovailoa Age 21 Years Nick Name Tua Birth Name Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa Birth Date 1998-03-02 Gender Male Profession Footballer Birth Nation USA Place Of Birth Ewa Beach, Hawaii Nationality American Ethnicity Black Siblings Taulia (brother) and Taysis, Taylor (sister) Father Galu Mother Diane School Saint Louis School Height 1.85 m Weight 95 Kg Body Build/Type Athletic Body Measurement Will Add Soon Marital Status Unmarried Salary Will Add Soon Net Worth Between $1 Million-$5 Million Source of Wealth Football Career
A Samoan-American football quarterback is named for Tua Tagovailoa. At present, he is playing for the Alabama Crimson Tide. In 2017, he was ranked as the number one high school player in the state of Hawaii of the Class of 2017 and attended Saint Louis School in Honolulu. Recently, he suffered a dislocated hip injury during the 2nd quarter which prematurely ended his 2019 season.
Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa to undergo hip surgery Monday
Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa will undergo surgery on his injured hip on Monday. He suffered a dislocated hip during Saturday’s win over Mississippi State, an injury that will end his season. Alabama announced Sunday that Tagovailoa is headed to Houston for treatment and to have surgery. Tua is being flown to Houston tonight to be evaluated and is scheduled to have hip surgery Monday,” Dr. Lyle Cain said in a statement issued through the Alabama athletic department. He was injured late in the first half with Alabama leading 35-7. Tagovailoa felt pressure and scrambled to his left. As he threw the ball away, two MSU defenders landed on top of him, and Tagovailoa was in immediate pain.
Who are the Parents and Siblings of Tua Tagovailoa?
On 2nd March 1998, Tua was born in Ewa Beach, Hawaii, the USA. As of 2019, he celebrated his 21st birthday with his friends and families. He is American by nationality and his ethnicity is Black. He is Christian by religion. His birth name is Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa. He is one of four siblings named Taulia (brother) and Taysis, Taylor (sister). He was born to Galu and Diane Tagovailoa, his parents. His father, Galu, began training Tagovailoa at the age of two and forced Tagovailoa to begin throwing with his left hand instead of his right. Concerning his education, he went to Saint Louis School in Honolulu and played as a quarterback. He had 17 offers from colleges to play on a college football scholarship, including UCLA, Oregon, and Colorado, eventually enrolling in the University of Alabama on 1/8/2017 and committing to play there starting from 2017.
How tall is Tua Tagovailoa?
Tua is a very handsome person with a charismatic personality. His smiling face and charming personality have helped him to gain the attention of all the viewers. He has a tall height of six feet one inch or 1.85 m. His balanced bodyweight of consists of 95 KG or 210 lbs. His body build is athletic and he maintains his body by doing frequent exercises and workout. He is very curious about his food intake. His other body measurements will be added soon. Overall, he has got a very healthy body.
For which team, Tua Tagovailoa is playing for?
- Tua was the backup to sophomore quarterback Jalen Hurts throughout the 2017 season as a true freshman.
- He made his collegiate debut against Fresno State in a home game at Bryant-Denny Stadium on 9th September.
- He finished 6-of-9 for 64 yards and his first career passing touchdown, which was a 16-yard pass to wide receiver Henry Ruggs III in 41-10 victory.
- He got more playing time and recorded 103 passing yards and two passing touchdowns in a 59-0 victory against Vanderbilt on 23rd September 2017.
- He recorded his first collegiate rushing touchdown in a 66-3 victory against SEC West rival Ole Miss.
- He finished with 134 passing yards, one passing touchdown, one interception, and one rushing touchdown in the 45-7 victory against Tennessee.
- He threw for three passing touchdowns in the 56-0 victory against Mercer.
- He replaced Hurts in the second half of the 2018 College Football Playoff National Championship due to ineffective play by Hurts on 8th January 2018.
- He was also named the Offensive MVP of the game.
- He made his first career start at the season’s opening game, against Louisville, in Orlando, Florida on 1st September 2018 where he finished 12-of-16, with 227 passing yards and two touchdowns in the 51-14 victory.
- He finished second in the Heisman Trophy voting to Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray, but he won the Walter Camp Award and Maxwell Award for 2018, both awarded to the top player in college football.
- Later, he was injured during SEC Championship against Georgia.
- After being recovered, he put on a nearly flawless offensive performance against Oklahoma in the 2018 Orange Bowl (24-of-27 with 318 yards passing, 4 TDs and 0 INTs) to lead the Tide to their 4th consecutive CFP National Championship appearance.
- He went 22-of-34 loss (44-16) with 295 passing yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs against Clemson in the 2019 National Championship.
- He also set a new NCAA FBS passer rating record of 199.4 for the season, surpassing the record 198.9 set by Baker Mayfield in 2017.
- He then began his junior season at the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game with a victory against Duke in Atlanta where he finished 26-of-31 with 336 passing yards, 4 TDs, and no interceptions before sitting out the fourth quarter.
- He finished the game 16-of-24 with 227 passing yards, 4 total TDs (1 rushing) and no interceptions before sitting out the fourth quarter against New Mexico State.
- He left the Tide’s sixth game against Tennessee early in the 2nd quarter after suffering a high ankle sprain.
- Later, he underwent surgery to repair the ankle the following day, and did not play in the next game against Arkansas (a 48-7 victory led by QB Mac Jones).
- He returned three weeks post-surgery to play in the 46-41 loss to top-ranked LSU.
- In the Tide’s matchup against Mississippi State, he led the team to a 35-7 lead (14-of-18, 256 passing yards, 2 TDs, no interceptions) before leaving the game with a hip injury during the 2nd quarter.
- It was revealed that he suffered a dislocated hip, which prematurely ended his season.
Is Tua Tagovailoa dating?
Tua Tagovailoa’s marital status is unmarried and he is single as of now. But he wanted a girlfriend to cheat on the rigorous diet plans of his father. He revealed that his romantic interest should commute local fast food to him at home. Previously, Dinah Jane of the girl band Fifth Harmony had once said that she loved seeing the athlete in action, there were no romantic ties between the two. As of today, he is searching such a girl for his diet and he is yet to find such a girl. As of now, he is living a happy life without any disturbances. He is focusing on his career at present. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Tua Tagovailoa?
Tua has earned a huge amount of money from his earnings. His major source of earning is from his football career. He is satisfied with whatever he is receiving at present. The net worth of this famous footballer will be in millions but as of now, his exact net worth is under review and it is assumed to be in between $1 Million-$5 Million as of 2019. His exact salary has not been revealed but there is no doubt in the mind of his follower that he is earning a considerable amount of salary from his present work. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings and he is living a luxurious lifestyle from his earnings.
Did You Know?
- He is playing for the Alabama Crimson Tide.
- He was ranked as the number one high school player in the state of Hawaii of the Class of 2017.
- Recently, he suffered a dislocated hip injury during the 2nd quarter which prematurely ended his 2019 season.
- His father, Galu, began training Tagovailoa at the age of two and forced Tagovailoa to begin throwing with his left hand instead of his right.
- He made his collegiate debut against Fresno State in a home game at Bryant-Denny Stadium on 9th Sptember.