Quick Facts Of Ty Law
Celebrated Name Ty Law Age 45 Years Nick Name Ty Birth Name Tajuan E. Law Birth Date 1974-02-10 Gender Male Profession Footballer Place Of Birth Aliquippa, Pennsylvania USA Birth Nation United States of America Nationality American Ethnicity Afro-American Horoscope Aquarius Education Aliquippa High School Marital Status In a relationship Girl Friend Nicole Hayes Children One Son Sydney Father Larry Jeter Mother Diane Law Siblings N/A Height 5 feet 11 inches Weight 91 Kg Eye Color Brown Hair Color Black Shoe Size 8 (US) Dress Size 4 (US) Net Worth $30 Million Salary Under Review Source of Wealth Football Career Sexual Orientation Straight Links Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
- Ty Law is a former American football cornerback who played fifteen seasons in the National Football League (NFL). Law is a two-time All-Pro, a five-time Pro Bowl selection, a Pro Bowl MVP, and has won three Super Bowls with the Patriots. His 53 career interceptions rank 24th all-time in NFL history; he is widely regarded as one of the best defensive backs of all time. Law was added to the New England Patriots Hall of Fame as its 20th member and was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a member of the Class of 2019. You can read all about his background and his career so far below.
Ty Law’s tribute to his mother left no dry eyes at his Hall of Fame induction
Retired NFL cornerback Ty Law delivered his acceptance speech for the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday night, and while a list of thank-yous can grow old in these sorts of moments, Law had an emotional and powerful show of appreciation for his mother, Diane Law.
“You are my rock,” he said, looking at her in the audience. “We had our personal struggles. At times, we bent but we never broke. We came out on the other side. Let’s embrace the fact that we’ve overcome those things, mama, appreciate what we have today and what we’re going in the future. I know I’m a grown man, but to you, I’ll always be your little boy. And I love that. That’s OK.
“Mom, we are in the Pro Football Hal of Fame. Nobody can take that away from us. Nobody can take that away from you.”
Law wrote in The Player’s Tribute that his grandfather played a major role in raising him because his mother was 16 years old when she had him. It’s not totally clear what adversity he and his mother went through, but Law’s gratitude provided a truly touching moment.
Law, who was voted into the Hall after five years of eligibility, was a three-time NFL champion, winning Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII and XXXIX with the New England Patriots. He was also a five-time Pro Bowler and a two-time interceptions leader in the NFL. After 10 seasons in New England, he played for the New York Jets, the Kansas City Chiefs, and the Denver Broncos before retiring in 2010.
Who are the parents of Ty Law?
Recalling his early life, Ty Law was born as Tajuan E. Law to his father, Larry Jeter and his Mom, Diane Law in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania. He was American by nationality and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity. His birth sign is Aquarius.
Regarding his education, Law attended Aliquippa High School in Aliquippa, Pennsylvania, where he played football, basketball and ran track. He played in football as a cornerback, safety, wide receiver, and running back. He was named MVP of the school’s basketball team.
When did Ty Law pursue his football career?
- After he earned first-team All-American honors from the Walter Camp Football Foundation from his college career. On 20th July 1995, Law was signed to a five-year for $5.50 million contracts. by the New England Patriots. He competed to be a starting cornerback against Maurice Hurst, Throughout training camp.
- Ty made his professional regular-season debut in the New England Patriots’ season-opener against the Cleveland Browns, ironically against Bill Belichick.
- In 1995 he earned his first career start and made four combined tackles during a (30-17) loss at the Atlanta Falcons. He missed two games (Weeks 8-9) due to an injury. He became a starting cornerback in after the Patriots released Maurice Hurst.
- On October 20, 1996, Law collected a season-high 12 combined tackles (ten solos) and deflected two passes during a 27-9 victory at the Indianapolis Colts in Week 8. Law was inactive for three games (Weeks 11-13) due to an injury. On December 8, 1996, Law recorded one tackle, deflected a pass, and returned an interception for his first career touchdown as the Patriots defeated the New York Jets 34-10 in Week 15.
- Law returned as the No. 1 cornerback in 1997 and started alongside Jimmy Hitchcock. In Week 15, he collected a season-high nine solo tackles during a 26-20 victory at the Jacksonville Jaguars. He started in all 16 games in 1997 and made 77 combined tackles (69 solos), 11 pass deflections, three interceptions, and was credited with half a sack.
- Law earned his third Super Bowl ring with the Patriots in 2004 but missed the final 9 games of the season and all three of the Patriots’ playoff games due to a foot injury.
- On July 25, 2006, Law passed his physical with the Chiefs and signed a five-year deal worth of $30 million. He reunited with coach Herman Edwards, under whom Law had played in the 2005 season hoping to strengthen the Chiefs’ defense.
- Law signed with the Denver Broncos on November 7, 2009. This added to a defensive backfield that had 5 members over 30 years of age, with 20 Pro Bowl selections combined. His final game with the Broncos came January 3, 2010. He finished the season with 10 tackles, and 1 interception run back for 37 yards. He was released by the Broncos on February 24, 2010.
- After retiring from the NFL, Law founded Launch Trampoline Park, a chain of entertainment facilities based around large areas of connected trampolines. Launch currently has franchised locations across New England, with one park open in Delaware.
- He was inducted on August 1. On February 2nd, 2019 he was selected to the NFL Hall of Fame class of 2019; he was inducted on August 3, 2019, in Canton, Ohio
Is Ty Law married?Reflecting his personal life, Law is not married yet but he has a girlfriend named Nicole Hayes. Nicole is a reporter and often does freelance commentary for the NFL Network. They share a baby kid called Sydney on 1st September 2014. At present, they live a lavish life without rumors and separation.
What is Ty Law net worth?As a football player, Law owns the sum of the good money from his career. As per various sources, His estimated net worth sid to be $30 million at present while his salary is yet to be revealed. His source of wealth comes from being a football player.
How tall is Ty Law?Observing his body statistics, Law stands a height of 5 feet 11 inches tall and his weight is 91 Kg. He has a pair of brown eyes and hair. Similarly, his shoe size is 8 (US) and dress size is 4 (US).
Did You Know?
- VP of the 1998 post-season Pro Bowl.
- Signed as a free agent by the New York Jets.
- Inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2019.