Quick Facts Of Unai Emery
Celebrated Name Unai Emery Age 48 Years Nick Name Unai Birth Name Unai Emery Etxegoien Birth Date 1971-11-03 Gender Male Profession Football Manager Birth Nation Spain Place Of Birth Hondarribia Nationality Spanish Ethnicity White Father Juan Mother Amelia Grand Parents Antonio (Grandfather) Religion Christian Education Will Add Soon Height 1.80 m Weight Will Update Soon Hair Color Black Eye Color Brown Body Measurement Will Add Soon Marital Status Married Wife Luisa Fernandez Son Lander Emery Fernandez Net Worth $13 Million Salary $6 Million
Unai Emery Etxegoien shortly named as Unai Emery is the present head coach of Premier League club Arsenal. He was appointed head coach of English club Arsenal in May 2018, following the resignation of long-serving Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger. He is also a Spanish football manager and a former footballer. In the year 2004, he retired from his football playing career and started coaching. Moreover, he was also awarded the Miguel Munoz Trophy.
Unai Emery refuses to discuss Mesut Ozil exile, as Arsenal fans belt chant out during Europa League win
Unai Emery was in no mood to discuss Mesut Ozil’s continued exile from the Arsenal team. Following the club’s 3-2 Europa League win against Vitoria, which saw the midfielder excluded, Ozil has now been left out of the last five games, but the manager would not be drawn on the continued ostracism of the club’s highest earner. The Gunners had fallen 1-0 and then 2-1 behind and some fans decided to send a message to Emery by singing: “We’ve got Ozil, Mesut Ozil, I just don’t think you understand.”
Charlie Nicholas mocks two Arsenal stars and slams Unai Emery
Charlie Nicholas has mocked Arsenal defenders David Luiz and Sokratis Papastathopoulos and questioned Gunners boss Unai Emery over his treatment of Kieran Tierney and Hector Bellerin. Arsenal appeared to be heading to another disappointing defeat on Thursday evening when they trailed Europa League rivals Vitoria Guimaraes 2-1 at the Emirates with ten minutes remaining. Nicolas Pepe rescued Emery’s side with two superb free-kicks as Arsenal avoided their second straight defeat and retained their place at the top of Group F. Despite the win, Nicholas still has major reservations over Arsenal and says he ‘feels sorry’ for goalkeeper Bernd Leno because of the team’s fragile defense.
What is the birthplace of Unai Emery?
With the birth name of Unai Emery Etxegoien, he was born on 3rd November 1971. His birthplace is in Hondarribia, Spain. He holds Spanish nationality and his race is White. As of 2018, he celebrated his 47th birthday with his friends and families. He was born to Juan, his father and Amelia Etxegoien, his mother. His grandfather’s name is Antonio. His father and grandfather, both were goalkeepers while his uncle, Roman played as a midfielder. His religion is Christian. There is no exact information regarding his siblings and education but it will be added soon once we get details about it.
How tall is Unai Emery?
Being at the age of forty-seven, Unai still looks very handsome and fit. He manages his body a lot by work out and managing his diet. He is very serious about his food intake. Moreover, his skin tone is White with black hair and brown eyes. With his glowing face and charming smile, he has attracted a lot of attention from viewers. He is a very fashionable person with cool attitude. He has an average height of 1.80 m or five feet eleven inches. More information regarding his body measurements such as weight, bicep size, waist size and more have not been revealed by him neither any internet sites have revealed him. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Early Career of Unai Emery
- Unai was a youth graduate of Real Sociedad, but never really broke into the first team.
- Withing the age of 24, he appeared in five La Liga games, scoring against Albacete Balompie in an 8-1 home win.
- He resumed his career mostly in the Segunda Division, amassing totals of 215 matches and nine goals over seven seasons.
- At the age of 32, he retired with Lorca Deportiva CF after his one season in Segunda Division B.
Managerial Career of Unai Emery
- At Lorca, Unai suffered a serious knee injury in the 2004-2005 season.
- Later, he was offered the vacant manager position by the club president and immediately helped the club achieve promotion to the second division for the first time in its history.
- He moved to Almeria in division two and helped his squad overachieve: after guiding them to a first-ever promotion in 2007, the Andalusian side finished eighth in La Liga in 2007-2008.
- His first season with Los Che, he led them to a sixth place finish, with subsequent qualification to the UEFA Europa League in the season 2008-2009.
- The team reached the Round of 32 in the UEFA Cup, a 3-3 aggregate loss against Dynamo Kyiv, and the quarter-finals of the Copa del Rey, exiting against Sevilla.
- He led Valencia to third place in 2009-2010 season.
- The club returned to the UEFA Champions League after two years.
- They lost in the quarter-finals to eventual winners Atletico Madrid and exited in the round of 16 in the Copa del Rey against Deportivo de La Coruna, losing 3-4 on aggregate in the Europa League.
- He extended his contract for next year in May 2010.
- He started without David Villa and David Silva in the 2010-2011 season.
- Valencia won five out of the first six league games (with one draw), starting the Champions League campaign with a 4-0 win in Turkey against Bursaspor.
- Later, the club eliminated in the round of 16 by Schalke and being knocked out in the same stage in the Copa del Rey by Villareal.
- He left the club in June 2012, after again finishing third in 2011-2012.
- He was announced as the Russian club’s coach for the following two seasons by Leonid Fedun who is the owner of Spartak Moscow on 13th May 2012.
- He was sacked after a run of poor results on 25th November against Dynamo Moscow.
- He returned to Spanish football on 14th January 2013, replacing the sacked Michel at the helm of Sevilla where he led the club to the fifth position in 2013-2014 season which is his first full season.
- He won the Europa League final, defeating Benfica on penalties on 14th May 2014.
- He again won the Europa League after defeating Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk after finishing the 2014-2015 season in fifth place.
- He then signed a one-year contract extension on 5th June 2015 which would have kept him at the club until 2017.
- He led Sevilla to the seventh position in the 2015-2016 season.
- He expressed his desire to leave Sevilla on 12th June 2016.
- After that, he signed a two-year deal, with the option of a third, to succeed Laurent Blanc at French quadruple-holders Paris Saint-Germain on 28th June 2016.
- He led PSG to second place in their group of the Champions League, behind Arsenal.
- He picked up his second honor with les Rouge-et-Bleu with a 4-1 win over title rivals Monaco in the final of the Coupe de la Ligue on 1st April.
- He announced his decision to leave the Parisian club at the end of the season with a year left on his contract on 28th April 2018.
- Later, he was replaced by German coach Thomas Tuchel at PSG following the conclusion of the 2017-2018 season.
- He was appointed as the new head coach of Arsenal on 23rd May 2018 where he agreed to a two-year deal with the club, with the club having the option to extend his deal for a further year.
- He again reached a Europa League Final but did not triumph as Arsenal were beaten 4-1 by fellow English finalists Chelsea.
- He broke Arsenal’s previous club record in the 2019 summer transfer by signing Ivory Coast winger Nicolas Pepe, he also brought in David Luiz from rivals Chelsea and Scotsman Kieran Tierney from Celtic where Pepe recorded his first assist against arch enemies Tottenham in a 2-2 draw.
Who is the wife of Unai Emery?
Unai Emery’s marital status is married. Moreover, he is also the proud father of a son named Lander Emery Fernandez with her beautiful wife named Luisa Fernandez. The couple married in the year 2005. As of today, the couple is living a blissful life with others and the couple is less likely to divorce. They both respect and support each other at the hard times and they are loyal to each other. At present, they are leading a happy family life. Talking about his sexual orientation, he is straight.
What is the net worth and salary of Unai Emery?
The net worth of the football coach will be surely in millions. At present, he is the head coach of the Premier League club Arsenal. The net worth of Unai Emery is estimated to be $13 Million according to some sources as of 2019. While his salary is mentioned to have $6 Million at present. At the age of forty-seven, Unai has got everything with financial security, fame and a loving wife with a son. He made all his wealth with his dedication and hard work. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings.